Here at Henley Bridge we believe in behaving decently and doing the right thing
That means treating the environment with respect, treating people with respect and generally making a positive contribution to society.
It’s a mindset, not a project. A job that’s never done, because all of us can always do more. So, to guide us on our journey and drive continuous improvement, we’ve made three commitments:
- We’ll be carbon-neutral by 2023
- We’ll contribute to the community, using our time, expertise and resources to positively impact it
- We’ll make Henley Bridge a place where people thrive and love coming to work. We’ll pay a decent wage. We’ll invest in people’s well-being and personal development. And we’ll work as a collective, behaving with transparency and engaging everyone in decisions
These aren’t just empty words. Every year, we’ll publish a report detailing progress in each of these three areas so that we can be held accountable. Some highlights from 2020 so far include:
- Only using carbon neutral couriers
- Packing 99% of orders in recycled and recyclable materials
- Digitising our operations to dramatically reduce paper use
- Transitioning our field-sales team to hybrid and electric cars
- Eliminating single use packaging within our office
There’s a way to go, but we’re making progress and are determined to do more.